Today I’m participating in the Sunshine Blogger Award as I’ve been formally nominated by my favie; Jennie at 50shad3s0fjay
Thank you Jennie for thinking of me ❤
I briefly reviewed some the questions she left for us and I’m excited to get to it!!!
Let’s start with the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your blog post.
1 What’s your idea of bliss?
My idea of bliss, hmm. Bliss to me are the joyful, memorable, life changing experiences that leave you feeling fulfilled. Being able to pursue what you love and are passionate about, overcoming hardships and coming out stronger than ever- all blissful. Pure happiness is bliss to me.
2 What’s something that you’ve learnt recently? Be it a fun fact, or something deeper about life / yourself?
Well, according to my Snapple top a fun fact I learned is that 0 is the only number that has not been converted into Roman Numerals.
But something I’ve learned that I think many people overlook, is that, it’s so much easier to just be your true genuine authentic self every single day. It’s something I’ve always known and have desired for myself but I truly think it took me moving to Colorado to recognize it and do something about it. Life and society has a way of pressuring us into this “ideal norm” but on the contrary, you don’t need to follow these made up expectations- just be you. Your mental and physical health will thank you.
3 What’s something you’ve achieved recently that you’re proud of? Big or small.
Maybe not so much recently, but an achievement in my life that I think is notable would be my courage to change. To accept change is a challenge but if you can change or at least alter something that is negative to you in your life, I think that in itself is a huge life achievement (no matter how big or small).
4 What are you currently binge-watching? If nothing, what’s the most recent show you binge-watched?
Oh man, good one! Okay so currently, I started The Babysitters Club on Netflix. Talk about nostalgia to the BSC book series I used to obsessively read back in the day. Prior to that I did binge The Morning Show with Jennifer Anniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carell- great watch!
5 Be a tour guide! Where’s the best place you’ve visited / explored in your current country of residence and why?
Oh gosh Jennie, this is a toughie- there’s SO many good spots! Erm, I honest to God would have to go with Colorado. Oh the places to go in Colorado, each spot is so magical and jaw-dropping. The phenomenal views seriously look like paintings that someone curated through their imagination. It’s so hard for me to grasp that these little nooks and crannies throughout CO are real and exist for us to see and explore. Like, thank you God and Mother Nature for being so beautiful.
6 What’s your favourite song to dance to?
I love music so much and I can pretty much dance, groove, or bop around to any song. The one song that’s coming to mind right now is “Takeaway” by the Chainsmokers, and I don’t even know why.
7 If you were to host a dinner party, what dishes would you cook? I’m talking starters, mains, desserts, the lot hehe.
YES Jennie, you are speaking my language- I love this question!!
Okay overall, I gotta stick to my Korean roots and I’d for sure do a full out Korean feast. I’ll try my best to describe the unfamiliar items.
So for starters: I’d do kimchi gyozas (dumplings) and a spicy pork kim-bap (essentially the Korean version of sushi rolls but filled with completely different things)
Main dish: Korean BBQ- duh! Some white rice, bulgogi (shredded beef), galbi (short ribs), and a boat load of bon-chan (little Korean side dishes that help add texture and flavor to the meal), and possibly a stew because Koreans are notorious for their stews.
Dessert: Green tea mochi! Keeping it simple.
8 What’s your favourite book of all time?
The first one that pops into my mind is “Girl Wash Your Face” by Rachel Hollis and “Build an Empire” by Elena Cardone
9 Who’s the most recent person to have made you smile?
Andrew for sure.
10 What’s your favourite Lush product and why?
This is such a Jennie question, if y’all know her, then you KNOW she loves Lush! When it comes to soothing and relaxation, I gravitate towards anything lavender- so I’d say their Twilight bath bomb!
11 Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Going deep for the last question… write out your future and let it happen, you got this!!
Retired and traveling?! HA kidding! Married for sure! I do want kid(s) but the thought of pregnancy scares the HECK out of me, but 5 years from now I’d hope my mentality lightens up a bit and maybe I’ll be with child… Definitely in a job/career that I’m actually passionate about, excited for, and happy to be pursing. I’ll have traveled to my bucket list destinations and securing more trips in the horizon. I’d love to have a gorgeous mountain home with a view. I want to continue to be healthy and fit.
I’m a very simple girl, my happiness is rooted from me being able to do things that I love and am interested in. And to be honest, I feel like I’m living that right now- I’m happy with how things are present day and I just ask that this happiness continuously carries on into the next 5 years and more.
Woo! This put my noggin to work but I love questions that help stimulate the mind. Thank you so much Jennie for involving me! 🙂
Okay so I’m going to do this slightly different- I’m not going to nominate anyone in specific but I highly encourage all to participate!
Here are my questions to you:
- I think we can all agree that 2020 has been quite the year but focusing on the positives will help shed light onto this weird funky year. So, what is one silver living, good moment, memory, or person/place/thing that happened to you in 2020?
- Favorite quote that is meaningful to you?
- If you had to pick up your life and move to any other country, state, city, town- where would you go?
- You get to make a movie based on your life; what would the title be?
- “I wish I knew then what I know now”- What is something your present self would’ve told your past self?
- You have a classroom full of students wanting to learn something- what are you going to teach them? It could be a particular subject matter, a how-to, a life lesson, anything you’d want to shed knowledge on.
- You’re given a deal: You can walk away with $300,000 right now today OR you have a chance (not guaranteed) of coming across $1 mil in your bank account within the next 10 years… take the money today or wait it out?
- Screenshot your last 6 photos on instagram!
- Walk us through a typical “Day in the life”- from what time you wake up to that night time routine.
- Share a dream or goal that even you in the back of your mind feel like it’s totally and completely far-fetched but you’re still going to go after it regardless of attainability.
- Show us a photo of yourself (a selfie) that you feel great in and want to share with the world!
If you decide to partake in this Sunshine Blogger Award and answer my questions, please tag me- I’m excited to read your responses!